Monday, October 25, 2010

Hello World!

When Tiger Woods went pro in 1996, he held a news conference where he announced the beginning of his professional career.  "Hello world!"

I don't know if I can actually compare myself to an internationally recognized sports icon who is probably worth more than the GNP of Venezuela, but my first blog feels like a "coming out" party--a kind of rite of passage--for an old-timer like me.  My idea of "social networking" has been collecting more business cards than anyone else at a weekend leadership seminar.

I have to admit that I feel, not only a sense of excitement, but a lot of fear as well.  I will need a lot of help to keep going forward.  Cause it's probably true that you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  But I'd like to prove them wrong.

So, "hello world."

4 comments:

  1. Hello Mark. Thanks for your new blog. I'll be visiting regularly. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark. - jerry petway (Gongyi, Henan, China)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mark! Hey I just listened to your sermon on 02/03/08 about the womoan with an issue of blood. Your comments about faith were especially helpful. Someone in our Bible study said they didn't think faith could be seen. But I see the faith of the women to reach out and touch the garment of Jesus. You said something about faith touch. I was wondering if you could comment on that. Can faith be seen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. James says that faith without works is dead. That is, without any evidence for faith, it is pointless and perhaps not even existent. So, yes, in this sense, faith can be seen.

    ReplyDelete